The purpose of this role is to support the Chairman and deputise in their absence to ensure that all branch activities are conducted to meet CAMRA’s aims and objectives and in accordance with CAMRA’s rules and policy documents.
Key Activities (in support of, or deputising for, the Chairman)
• To ensure that the administration of the Branch (meetings, etc.) is conducted in an appropriate and timely fashion and in line with the Branch's Constitution;
• To ensure branch finances are managed properly and regularly reviewed;
• To ensure that campaigning is treated as a priority and that branch campaigning goals are set;
• To ensure that activities such as the Good Beer Guide and Pub of the Year selection are conducted in a democratic, transparent and timely manner;
• To ensure that communication, both internally and externally is effective;
• To ensure that any breaches of discipline are dealt with in an appropriate and discreet manner;
• To report to and represent the branch at Regional Meetings.
NB The Chairman and Vice Chairman do not have to undertake all the activities outlined. They may be delegated to other Branch members as and when appropriate.
Code of conduct
• To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view that is against CAMRA’s policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute;
• To refrain from action or inaction that would bring the Campaign into disrepute.
• This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. Circa 1 hour a week is probably typical except at key times, which could be the local beer festival, when a higher level of commitment might be required;
• Attendance at regional meetings is desirable to support the Chairman.
Attributes, experience and skills
• Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills;
• Access to a computer and the internet;
• Ability to control meetings.