The role of Branch Chairman is to oversee the administration of Branch, organise meetings and help encourage local CAMRA members to get involved with Branch activities, and represent your Branch at Regional meetings.
You’ll ensure that:
• Branch finances are managed properly and regularly reviewed;
• Campaigning is treated as a priority;
• Activities such as the Good Beer Guide and Pub of the Year selection are conducted in a democratic, transparent and timely manner;
• Internal and external communications are effective.
Code of conduct
• To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view that is against CAMRA’s policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
• To refrain from action or inaction that would bring the Campaign into disrepute.
Hours are flexible and to suit but would usually be one or two hours a week except at key times, for example during the local beer festival.
Attributes, skills and experience:
• Good interpersonal, writing and communication skills;
• The ability to Chair/control Branch meetings;
• Access to the internet and a computer/tablet.