The role of Branch Treasurer is to keep the Branch accounts up to date and help the Branch run smoothly.
Activities are to:
• Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions of your Branch. These will include all payments made and received and all money owing to, or owed by, the Branch including retaining documentary evidence of all transactions;
• Pay all debts promptly and within credit terms requested by the supplier;
• Be aware of all accounts owing to the Branch, issue invoices and collect all money owing to the Branch;
• Maintain a list of all assets owned by the Branch;
• Prepare a Profit and Loss Account and Balance sheet annually, to include all Branch activities. Ensure these final accounts are audited before presenting to Branch AGM, Regional Director and CAMRA Central Office;
• Ensure that the Branch complies with all financial policies set out in the Memorandum and Articles of Association of CAMRA Ltd, the Branch's Constitution and CAMRA's Internal Policy Document.
Hours to suit but expect to spend 8 hours a month including trips to the bank etc.
• Attendance at your Branch meetings is desirable.
Essential skills and experience:
• Good numeracy skills; • Good interpersonal skills;
• Access to a computer; • Working knowledge/experience of Excel;
• A willingness to attend CAMRA training courses.