Purpose of the Role is to promote and campaign for real cider and perry at branch level.
• Encouraging, promoting, and campaigning for real cider and perry at branch level;
• Keep up-to-date records on cider pubs, cider makers, and distributors in your Branch area;
• Report relevant information and news to your Branch and to your Regional Cider Coordinator (RCC);
• Encourage pubs that don't stock real cider or perry to do so;
• Encourage pubs that do stock real cider or perry to extend their range (maintaining the quality);
• Take the lead in deciding your Branch's Cider Pub of the Year;
• Encourage or organise cider related activities and promotions (including events for CAMRA's October Cider & Perry Month);
• To act as the Branch expert on cider and perry related issues and campaigns. This might include providing explanations and ideas to your Branch and to your RCC, or to the APPLE Committee;
• If required by the Branch, you may be asked to help with the cider bar at your Branch beer festival.
Code of Conduct
• To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view that is against CAMRA’s policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute;
• To refrain from action or inaction that would bring the Campaign into disrepute;
• To advise others of any conflicts of interest, and avoid such conflict if possible;
• To liaise with your RCC on cider matters that may affect CAMRA regionally or nationally.
• This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. Around 2 hours a month is probably a minimum except at key times, such as the lead up to October, and your Branch beer & cider festival.
• In addition, attendance at Branch meetings is desirable.
Attributes, skills and interests
• An interest in real cider & perry is essential.
• Access to a computer and the internet is essential
• Good writing and interpersonal skills.
• Advice and guidance on CAMRA policy is available from the RCC and, where, appropriate, people who have previously held the post.
• More information and support is available from your RCC and the APPLE Committee Beer Guide, local pub guides and Branch websites.