The purpose of the role is to oversee the CAMRA LocAle Scheme within your Branch area.
• To administer the LocAle scheme in accordance with national policy and local Branch requirements.
• To encourage take up of the scheme by local publicans and breweries.
• To keep records of LocAle outlets;
• To ensure that LocAle outlets remain true to the scheme’s aims.
• To maintain a stock of LocAle literature.
• To ensure that pump crowns and other publicity material is available to local outlets.
• Responsibilities may be undertaken through the coordination of other volunteer members.
• Report back to Branch meetings on the penetration of the Scheme.
Code of conduct
• To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view to the media that is against CAMRA’s policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
• To liaise with the appropriate Branch Officers where a necessary.
• To liaise with relevant BLOs when dealing with Brewery matters.
• This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. Circa 1-2 hours a month is probably a minimum.
• Attendance at local branch meetings is useful.
Attributes and skills
• Willingness and ability to visit pubs!
• Good administration skills.
• Access to a computer and the internet.
• Ability to act as a spokesperson is useful.
• Details of local breweries are available through Brewery Liaison Coordinators