Pub Database Coordinator (WhatPub)
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate the details of ALL open pubs (including those that do not sell real ale) within your Branch area. This data supports a wide range of pub campaigning activities, information for pub guides and surveys.
• To organise a team of branch members to survey pubs and store information via CAMRA’s Pubs database systems, (WhatPub and Pubzilla);
• To upload regular updates to CAMRA’s online pub guide WhatPub.
• To keep a record of pub closures, co-ordinating and submitting the Branch data for the Pub Watch survey, which is an annual national survey on pub closures;
• To act as the Branch contact for the Regional Pub Database Co-ordinator;
• To encourage Branch members to provide updates on pubs in your Branch area;
• To work with the Branch Chairman to ensure that pub information and updates are regularly raised at Branch meetings;
• To liaise with neighbouring branches, to ensure no pub gets missed. This also ensures that only one branch keeps the data for each pub and that branch boundaries are clearly defined;
• Some branches may also require the postholder to maintain information on other types of licensed premises such as clubs.
Code of conduct
• To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view within the data provided that is against CAMRA’s policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
• This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. 2 hours a month is probably a minimum except at key times, which could be the annual updates in preparation for submitting Good Beer Guide entries for example, when a higher level of commitment might be required.
• Regular attendance at your branch meetings is useful.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Access to a computer and the internet.