The purpose of this role is to develop and manage the Branch website so that it is effective in promoting CAMRA’s campaigns and activities in your Branch area, and further afield as appropriate.
• To manage content (words and pictures) and organisation of the Branch website;
• To ensure that a house style is maintained throughout the website and reflects CAMRA's Brand Guidelines;
• To manage the website host where applicable;
• To deal with any technical issues with the website;
• To liaise with Branch Committee members (particularly the Social Secretary and Publicity Officer) to ensure that the information on the site is up to date.
Code of conduct
• To refrain from putting forward any personal points of view to the media that is against CAMRA’s policy or might bring the Campaign into disrepute.
• This role can take up as much time as you are prepared to give. Circa one hour a week is probably a minimum except at key times, which could be the local beer festival or local campaign for example, when a higher level of commitment might be required;
• Attendance at your Branch meetings is useful.
Skills etc needed
• Good writing, communication and editing skills;
• Access to a computer and the internet;
• Ability to act as a spokesperson is useful but not always essential.